Rules of the DREAM Summit and Student Business Plan Competition
Note: The Executive Committee ("EC") of Drum Squad Foundation’s (DSF) Student Business Plan Competition ("BPC") reserves the right to update these rules at any time. Every attempt will be made to notify participants of any modification to this document; however, it is ultimately the responsibility of the BPC participants to check the website regularly for any revisions to the Rules and Regulations.
I. General Requirements and Guidelines
Each team must meet the following requirements in order to compete in the Student BPC. Detailed BPC guidelines and instructions will be emailed as soon you complete your registration for competition.
- Again, detailed BPC guidelines and instructions will be emailed as soon you complete your registration for competition. All local participants who choose the entertainment-related category must be students, faculty, staff, or alumni of Shelby County Schools (SCS) (and surrounding school districts). The competition is open nationwide to students who choose the media-related Category 2. Teams may have up to four (4) members. At least 50% of each team must be current students of a middle or high school, ages 12 to 18.
- Each participant must first register for membership to Drum Squad Foundation. Membership is FREE for all student registrants.
- Click on the “Sign-up” tab.
- Complete the membership form.
- Log-in, click on the "Profile" tab and upload a 2 to 3 paragraph bio of yourself (i.e., career goals, extra-curricula activities, hobbies, community service)
- Each participant must then register individually for the BPC.
- Click on the “Events Calendar” tab.
- Click the BPC on the calendar for April 25.
- Complete FREE summit registration process.
If you are participating in the BPC, answer “Yes” when asked are you participating in the BPC. You MUST register to attend the Summit, but are not required to participate in the competition to attend. ALL summit student attendees will be afforded the opportunity to ask questions of the celebrity media/entertainment panelist about career and entrepreneur opportunities in the field.